Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pendulum - In Silico

I just got the new Pendulum album In Silico which came out yesterday. First, I have to say that I was obsessed with their first album, Hold Your Colour (2005), which got me interested in drum and bass music for the first time. If I were to rate Hold Your Colour I would give it 5/5. That said, the new album is a very good album. I haven't listened to it enough to really get into it and the sound isn't as new to me as Hold Your Colour's was so it is not as interesting. However, it is still Pendulum and Pendulum remain my all-time favorite drum and bass group. I am not a drum and bass noob, I listen to Andy C, Subwave, DJ Fresh, Goldie and LTJ Bukem and all that, I just really enjoy Pendulum. I can hear that the drums and synths that are used on this album are in the same style as their last (sometimes beats sound exactly like beats from their previous album). Overall, it is a great album and everyone should at least check out some tracks.

No comments: