Monday, February 2, 2009

Windows 7

I love Windows 7! I think that everything about it is an improvement from Vista. Recently I've been using the gadgets and althlough they aren't as good as Mac OSX they are 1000% better than in Vista (I am actually posting this blog from my Blogger desktop gadget). The new taskbar is also very great. It allows for better tasking and is very, very smooth. Although, (as Nicholas pointed out to me) it does not work like OSX's dock in which programs will remain open until closed (meaning that you can close your windows and leave the program running). The control panel is still a little messy but is definitely better looking in the finished view and the aero effect is also smoother in my opinion (especially with proper hardware). So I won't really go more in-depth but I think Windows 7 (build 7000) is a great OS, especially for a beta.

Two things I dislike, however, are that certain programs that worked for Vista don't work and that this beta is very lightweight and will probably be bloated in the official release. I am sure that the programs I need will work eventually and I hope that the official build is as light, in the end.

2 comments:

Nick! said...

lol@bloated software....


but yeah. Windows 7 is looking to be pretty cool.
I really do hope it turns out well.

chillpenguin said...

I have yet to try Windows 7. I hear praises.